(The easiest and freshest way to get almond flour is to save the pulp after making almond milk. I altered this recipe by doing this as well as saving the pulp from making coconut milk. It's kind of messy but it's better than buying coconut milk in a BPA lined can. All you have to do is soak 2 cups of dessicated coconut in 4 cups of drinking water. A few hours later, blend. After separating the coconut milk and the coconut flakes, squeeze out the remaining liquid using a cheesecloth and mix equal amount more of less of the ground almonds.)
2 cups blanched almond flour OR replace 1 cup dried coconut flour , 1 cup of organic whole wheat flour
1½ teaspoons sea salt
1 cup organic sesame seeds OR 1 cup walnuts
2 eggs, whisked until frothy
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoon of vanilla protein powder or fresh rosemary & garlic (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together almond flour, salt, sesame seeds, eggs and oil until well blended
- Separate dough into two halves - can add vanilla protein powder to give it a hint of sweetness and garlic & rosemary to the other batch for a savory taste.
- Line your oven baking sheet with parchment paper
- Place one half of the dough in the center of each lined sheet & put wax paper on top & roll it out flat, covering the whole baking sheet . You can use a cake cutter to flatten out the crackers as evenly as possible as well.
- Cut the dough with a knife or pizza cutter into 2 inch squares or triangles
- Bake at 170°C for 10-12 minutes, until golden brown
- Cool and serve