All is well. You did not come here to fix a broken world. The world is not broken. You came here to live a wonderful life. And if you relax a little and let it all in, you will begin to see the Universe present you with all that you have asked for.

Inspirations

25 November 2010

November!

What a hectic month it has been so far!  Waking, dressing, feeding, kissing & shuttling both kids to school.  Six hours later I fetch both and try to immerse ourselves in nature somewhere to recharge our batteries before coming home for a bath, snacks and more activities that take us well into dinner time.  Six hours sound like a good amount of time but it really flies since I spend at least half of it on motherly duties.  We managed to get rid of our colds quickly by adding fresh pressed garlic into our soups and have been having cravings for seaweed, gyozas and miso soups.  The weather is definitely getting colder.


Today I finally got to soak in a hot bath without anyone to bother me!  The last time I tried to do this David was almost two years old and adamant about me getting out as soon as possible, as if I was invading his reserved territory or doing something unthinkable.  Impossible really.  He would not have any of it.  If I had known that motherhood was going to be challenging in so many ways, I would have thought twice, really.  Maybe.  Because I really enjoy a nice long salt water bath with lavendar essential oil, but it's more than that.  I am raising my kids the opposite of how my mother raised me.  She would never let her kids get in the way of her indulgences.  It's funny how we do some things the opposite of our parents.

The kids are so much work.  And you really don't know until you have them, really.  Motherhood has to be the hardest and the most rewarding job I have ever had and I dream of the day when I can have a whole day just for myself.

I am waiting for spring..

No comments:

Post a Comment