All is well. You did not come here to fix a broken world. The world is not broken. You came here to live a wonderful life. And if you relax a little and let it all in, you will begin to see the Universe present you with all that you have asked for.


06 November 2009

Join the Top 3 Percent

Mark McCormack in his book What They Don't Teach You at Harvard Business School tells of a Harvard study conducted betwen 1979 and 1989.  In 1979, the gradutaes of the MBA program at Harvard were asked, ''Have you set clear written goals for your future and plans to accomplish them?''  It turned out that only 3% of the graduates had written goals and plans.  13% had goals but they were not in writing.  Fully 84% had no specific goals at all, aside from getting out of school and enjoying the summer.

Ten years later, in 1989, the researchers interviewed the members of that class again.  They found that the 13% who had goals that were not in writing were earning, on average, twice as much as the 84% of students who had no goals at all.  But most surprisingly, they found that the 3% of the graduates who had clear, written goals when they left Harvard were earning, on average, ten times as much as the other 97% of graduates all together.  The only difference between the groups was the clarity of the goals they had for themselves when they graduated.

No comments:

Post a Comment