All is well. You did not come here to fix a broken world. The world is not broken. You came here to live a wonderful life. And if you relax a little and let it all in, you will begin to see the Universe present you with all that you have asked for.

Inspirations

30 October 2009

2 Little Sparrows, Then and Now



Today we went to a Petipan Cáfe that just opened across from Santa Barbara's Garden.  The glass walls were pristine clean and my little one ran full speed ahead and banged his head against it, before falling on his back.  Then as we were leaving, my oldest did the same and I couldn't help but try to control my laughter while the waitresses were scurrying about, tending to my son with ice wrapped in a towel.  This scene brought me back 18 years to a time when I was living in Marin County.

I had a home on a little hill surrounded by nature and the living room/dining area was surrounded with glass walls.  Little birds would fly into the glass walls once in a while and fall frozen on their backs on the veranda for up to an hour before flying away.  I use to worry about how to dispose of them if they didn't wake up but that never happened.

One time I heard a loud thump in the dining area and I ran towards it to see what kind of bird had crashed into the window.  I carefully glanced through the tree branches and found a little sparrow clutching a branch, upside down!  I had never seen such a scene and smiled, knowing that the bird was going to be alright.  I sat on a dining chair and watched it to see how long it would take for it to ''wake up.''  I sat there and stared at it for almost an hour but I had to go pee and when I returned it was gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment